What is Casumo?
Casumo is a rapidly growing online casino dedicated to changing the world of igaming forever. Focusing on creating the best player experience there is, we’re confident that we will become the number one online casino that everyone is talking about.
Through innovation and technology Casumo aims to disrupt a young, but in many ways immature industry by thinking outside the box. At Casumo we pride ourselves with games that are the best, there are to find. Using social game mechanics, building a meta-game around the games themselves, we’ve created the world's first casino adventure - an automatic personal loyalty manager for each and every player, guiding and incentivising the player throughout the game journey.
What would be your role?
The Security Team is responsible for making sure all of Casumo's products are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about security and helping us build features that will protect our users (both internal and external). The Information Security Engineer will support the business with design, testing, and (where necessary) implementation of state-of-the-art secure application systems, networks, and database products as well as peripheral tools and services that helps the rest of Casumo safeguard the integrity of their data. This person must have the ability to work in a team environment with analysts, management, regulators, vendors and customers. Requires the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
An Information Security Engineer at Casumo will:
- Develop and maintain cybersecurity artifacts for production systems;
- Champion security with development teams to make their code more secure, primarily through automated tools and manual code/architecture review
- Design, build, and operate innovative tools to enhance our security
- Be the first response and remediation for security-related incidents
- Consult, evangelize, and teach theoretical and practical security to groups of varying sizes, disciplines, and experience levels
- Engage and participate in the security community, and keep abreast of information security incidents in the wild and training to ensure cutting-edge knowledge is within the business.
Profile and required technical skills
- Computer Science/Software Engineer BS Degree and 3 to 6 years of related software engineering experience or equivalent combination of education / experience;
- You have experience in defending against attacks in several areas of security;
- You've built a strong foundation and you have in-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, authentication and security protocols, and applied cryptography;
- You understand security in distributed systems at scale;
- You have ability to read, write, and break code in languages including Python, Java, C/C++ and PHP;
- Self managed, driven, curious and a team player that likes freedom with responsibility and would feel comfortable in an environment of developer anarchy;
- Acts responsibly with sensitive and confidential information;
- Able to travel if required (sometimes on short notice) and appreciates that some black-hat hackers work at unsociable hours;
- CISSP, CompTIA Security+, or other certifications would be a bonus but not essential;
- Working practice of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 preferred but not essential; and
- Genetically engineered replicants can apply but must be able to pass the Turing test during interview.
What Casumo offers
- Brand new, cool offices Tal-Ibragg in sunny Malta;
- A small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team, working tightly together across different departments on things ranging from day-to-day operational tasks, through to continuous upgrades, updates and tunings;
- Fully stocked soda fridges, fruits for everyone and beers;
- The possibility to create something new and to make a real difference;
- A fun and relaxed working environment with sofa, game consoles, standing desks and kickass colleagues;
- The ability to work from the beach, or from your office desk, as long as you get the job done;
- A modern and flexible organization where you can grow autonomously.