What is Casumo?
Casumo is a rapidly growing online casino dedicated to changing the world of igaming forever. Focusing on creating the best player experience there is, we’re confident that we will become the number one online casino that everyone is talking about.
Through innovation and technology Casumo aims to disrupt a young, but in many ways immature industry by thinking outside the box. At Casumo we pride ourselves with games that are the best, there are to find. Using social game mechanics, building a meta-game around the games themselves, we’ve created the world's first casino adventure - an automatic personal loyalty manager for each and every player, guiding and incentivising the player throughout the game journey.
What would be your role?
Casumo works in an industry where our player's trust and security are paramount. With our rapid growth in a highly regulated market space, we are now looking to ramp up and complement our technology and compliance teams with dedicated security experts. That's why we're looking for a Information Security Lead to draw out our tactics and strategies to tackle security in relation to compliance, players and employees. To deliver the best products in a regulated environment, we need security and compliance to work together with, and as part of, our teams, guiding the way building security railroads, not security gates. We believe key to success will be building security processes supporting and enabling our agile efforts across the organization.
The Security Team is responsible for making sure all of Casumo are in line with the highest security standards, both physical and digital. The team also works to strengthen customer trust, manage security risks, and meet compliance obligations. The Information Security Lead’s primary job responsibility is to reduce risk to the Casumo business and its stakeholders through the understanding and use of various data security technologies, applications, methodologies and industry standards. You will work closely with counterparts in Compliance, Legal, and Engineering teams to help us keep Casumo safe on a day-to-day basis. You will own internal investigations around policy violations and will work to mature our process and tools to help support these investigations. You will also oversee identity and data accesses controls for internal tools across the organization. You will assist with internal audits on a regular basis. Finally, you will strategise, lead, support, or manage various internal data security projects to help mature the Security Team at Casumo. As a person, we believe you are highly collaborative. We believe you like to work in a team to enable and support other stakeholders such as analysts, management, regulators, vendors and customers. You will work to pave their way towards being able to deliver value fast and with the highest security standards.
The position includes responsibilities such as:
- Understanding industry standard information security process and technology;
- Lead the creation and rollout of new process, procedures, and policies (working with the Compliance and Legal teams as necessary);
- Creating agile practices to enable value-delivery of other teams without lowering security and compliance standards;
- Keeping up with legislation and regulations (particularly around data protection and e-privacy);
- Independently applying in-depth knowledge to business case/requirements generation for multiple information security projects (IPS/Firewalls/Anomaly Detection etc.);
- Lead, Manage and facilitate those Information security projects;
- Identify, review, and communicate data security best practices for the business;
- Manage the internal investigation/audit program and lead all investigations;
- Improve our threat detection and incident response capabilities through the use of automated tools;
- Continuously improve and update our data access policies, roles, permissions and audit capabilities;
- Identify deviations from policy and take appropriate action;
- Building relationships with external parties (regulators, auditors, government agencies etc..) to ensure Casumo is well informed about regulatory changes and requirements that affect the business operation.
Who are you?
- Computer Science/Software Engineer BS Degree or related education/industrial experience;
- 5+ years of data security, audit, or IT experience;
- Subject matter expertise on the best information security practices across the industry;
- Understanding and willingness to learn about diverse business functions;
- Passion for technology and desire to solve complex problems with creative solutions;
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well in fast-paced team environment;
- Process-focused with strong track record of creating processes that scale;
- Acts responsibly with sensitive and confidential information;
- Strong logical, analytical, methodical, investigative and auditing skills;
- Knows when to make practical rational decisions that reduce risk to the business;
- Must be reliable and appreciates that some black-hat actors work unsociable hours;
- Experience conducting internal audits and/or running ISO/IEC 27001:2013 accreditation programmes;
- Someone that knows pulling the power from a computer monitor does not stop an active hack #CSIfail
What Casumo Offers
- Brand new, cool offices Tal-Ibragg in sunny Malta;
- A small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team, working tightly together across different departments on things ranging from day-to-day operational tasks, through to continuous upgrades, updates and tunings;
- Fully stocked soda fridges, fruits for everyone and beers;
- The possibility to create something new and to make a real difference;
- A fun and relaxed working environment with sofa, game consoles, standing desks and kickass colleagues;
- The ability to work from the beach, or from your office desk, as long as you get the job done;
- A modern and flexible organization where you can grow autonomously