What is Casumo?
Casumo is a social gambling startup that is developing the world’s first casino adventure, and we’re growing rapidly. That’s why we are currently looking for programming talent that believes in micro services, CQRS and Event Sourcing.
It is a plus if you are a true social nerd and a real merit if you keep Eric Evans’ blue book under your pillow when you sleep.
Casumo as a company is a technology startup formed in 2012, Casumo as a product is a recognized award winning online casino. Casumo as a concept, though, is literally a whole new universe. We are not just working with casino we are working with changing what the common perception of what casino is. Through design, technology & innovation we aim to disrupt a young and in many ways immature industry by ignoring the rules.
What would be your role?
Casumo is small and quick and we expect you to take on a wide spectra of tasks. Together we will work to realize our dreams and visions of how the world’s best gaming site should look and work. We are looking for developers who are driven and won’t say no to a challenge, we would rather have to hold you back than to push you forward. We are offering you the possibility to build something truly great, no legacy code and a great atmosphere in a growing company.
- Someone who likes to work in a flat organisation
- Someone who enjoys autonomy
- Driven and motivated
- A team player
- Willing to work remotely or ideally be based out of our Malta or Barcelona offices
A System Developer at Casumo
- Has an interest both for the big picture and for the small details, a key to work in our tightly knit team.
- Likes freedom with responsibility and would feel comfortable in an environment of developer anarchy.
- Has a desire to take full ownership of features and code, from inception of ideas to deployment, maintenance and keeping it running.
- Is a nerd who eat, live and breathe code and has a true interest that reaches beyond any course or education.
- Gets curious when we say CQRS/Event Sourcing, (D)DEDA and is open to a heterogeneous architecture.
- Feel very comfortable in a Linux environment and working with tools like Git.
- Would be stoked to build the world’s best gaming experience together with other Casumos from our headquarters in sunny Malta.
It’s a plus if you have in depth experience with transaction heavy, distributed systems, messaging, micro services and tools such as MySQL, RabbitMQ, Docker, Spring, Dropwizard, Erlang OTP or Akka.
What Casumo offers
Casumo offers the complete package for an outstanding working place and life style. Here you have the possibility to build something truly great, in the amazing atmosphere of a growing startup.
Spending time with us includes perks such as:
- Enjoying brand new offices in sunny Malta with amazing full panorama sea views.
- Growing together in a small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team.
- Fully stocked soda fridges, fruits for everyone and beers.
- The Friday Fika experience; we spend Friday afternoon together with cake, beer and festivities.
- A fun and relaxed working environment with sofas, game consoles and kick-ass colleagues.
- Best board game club on the island.
- Worst a cappella group on the island.
- Great team get-a-ways several times a year.
- Excellent health and insurance plans.
- Relocation help.
- The possibility to create something new and to make a real difference.
- Free on-demand trips to Malta for remotees.